Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One More Reason to Love Cambridge 1

Over the weekend, Z and I met his family at one of my favorite restaurants in Harvard Square, Cambridge 1. I've been there with Z and his family before, and one of our favorite ways to enjoy their menu is to each order half of a pizza and share. Cambridge 1's pizza is charcoal grilled, extra thin and crispy, and the toppings are always fresh, innovative and downright flavorful.

On this particular evening, we all shared the arugula salad ($8) and bibb lettuce salad ($8) before our pizzas arrived at the table. The arugula salad is made with fresh, shaved parmesan cheese, and dressed with an unnecessary amount of extra virgin olive oil. The bibb lettuce salad was also over dressed with dijon vinaigrette, but the addition of grape tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and creamy gorgonzola helped to take my mind off of it.

For my entree, I ordered the #4, made with portobello, asiago cheese and roasted onion pizza ($8 for half). The subtle sweetness of the portobello mushrooms paired beautifully with the salty asiago and sweet onions. I'm a huge fan of thin, crispy pizza crust, so Cambridge 1's crust is addicting to me. Half of a pizza there is also easy for one person to eat, thanks to the airy, non-filling crust.

All in all, we had another successful dinner at Cambridge 1. Other pies I love there: The #5, made with potato, fontina, parmigiano, romano, rosemary and garlic ($8), as well as the #12, made with spinach, artichoke hearts, chevre, and slow roasted tomatoes ($8).

Have you ever been to Cambridge 1? What's your review?

Cambridge, 1. on Urbanspoon

14 comments:

  1. I have never been, but I LOVE thin crust pizza so I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I love Cambridge 1!! I went for the first time just a few weeks ago and couldn't believe I hadn't been sooner. I love the charcoal thin crust and the #4 is my favorite!! The #5 is next on my list. It's the perfect go-to spot before catching a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to check out Cambridge 1! Noted however when I get there- pizza good stay away from salads! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have passed by that place so many times but have never eaten there. I definitely want to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family also loves Cambridge 1! We always go for the bibb lettuce salad and then choose 4 halves to split! (One per family member). Glad you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard so many great things about their pizza! I'd love to check it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in the Square about once a month...why have I never seen this place? Must check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane - it's right next to Lizzy's Homemade Ice Cream, and pretty much directly across from the theatre!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been, but I just checked out the menu and I will be heading there ASAP. Love gourmet pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been there either, but those pizza toppings you mentioned sound great. I will keep this place in mind, thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the #12, unfortunately the last time i got it it came out covered in an oil slick. not sure i'll be returning... or perhaps i should just venture to try something else ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh, Shannon, sorry to hear about that! It sounds like they go a little crazy with the dressings/oils - but I'm sure if you tried a different pie you'd have a better experience!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cambridge 1 has some excellent pizza! And they are huge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cambridge 1 makes me happy and you reminded me that it's been a while since I've been there!

    ReplyDelete