Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Acorn Squash Stuffed with Chard and White Beans

Earlier this week, I wanted to make Z a special dinner. These last few weeks, I've been one giant stress ball, and wanted to make up for my recent 'tude by cooking Z something delicious. After much Google searching and brainstorming with my Twitter buddies, I finally decided on this Eating Well recipe for Acorn Squash Stuffed with Chard and White Beans for Two.

Believe it or not, I have never cooked with acorn squash or chard before. I was a little intimidated by this recipe, but knew the short ingredient list and easy-sounding directions would make this a pretty straightforward recipe to follow. And is it turns out, it was. The only hiccup: I don't have a microwave - by choice, so I had to make the acorn squash soft by baking it in the oven at 400 degrees until it was "fork tender." I could have left the acorn squash in the oven longer than I did (it was in there for about 10 minutes), but it still came out well.

This dish was really simple to make, and using ingredients I don't normally cook with made this dish feel like we were celebrating a special occasion - even though it only took me about 30 minutes to prepare from start to finish.

I'm sharing big news on the blog tomorrow - life-changing news, in fact. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Good recipe choice! Good food makes up for a lot of things:) Excited to hear your news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued! I can't wait to hear your big news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great stress-relief meal! And now I'll keep checking back until the big announcement!

    ReplyDelete