Monday, January 31, 2011

$10 Dinner Party

Saturday night, I hosted a wine and appetizer night at my house. The gathering was small - about eight of some of my closest family members were in attendance - and the cost of hosting the party was also tiny. I offered to provide all the food, and had each of my guests bring their favorite bottle of wine.


On the menu: Roasted Chickpeas, Black Bean Hummus, crackers with two kinds of cheese (Monterey Jack and jalapeno), olive penguins (courtesy of my mother), and Newman's Own Spinach & Feta pizza, sliced up into "appetizer-sized" slices.





How cute are those penguins?! Later this week, I'll provide recipes for both the Black Bean Hummus and Roasted Chickpeas. But I had to share this first: The total cost of this wine/appetizer party? $10.28. I already had most of the ingredients in my kitchen, and only had to buy some crackers, the two cheeses, and the pita chips for the hummus. Plus, it was nice to keep the menu simple to spend less time in the kitchen and more time catching up with my family. 

Stay tuned: Later this week/next week, I'll be reviewing one of CSN Store's wonderful, economical products! CSN Stores sells everything from kitchenware to modern dining room furniture, and I'm excited to share one of their EE-friendly products with you!

6 comments:

  1. Those penguins (and serving dish) are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, what is the white on the peguins? I have to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The penguins are filled with cream cheese - and the feet/beaks are made out of carrots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those penguins are adorable! And the dish is perfect for them... they look like they're marching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you made these penguins! I saw them at a party a few years ago, they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete