Saturday, January 2, 2010

Snowed in with Pini's Pizza

There's no better way to cure the winter blues than with a satisfying piece (or two) of pizza. I had a really lazy day today, and made the most of the Boston snowfall with my book, a blanket, and some brain-draining television. When lunch finally rolled around, I was starving, still lazy, and didn't want to make my own lunch. Craving something unhealthy yet light, I called into Pini's Pizzeria in Waltham - I've been meaning to try out this place since I moved here in August. I opted for their Veggie Deluxe pizza on whole wheat crust, topped with mushrooms, roasted red peppers, onions, spinach, and tomatoes ($8.10, for a small 12'').



The pizza was completely satisfying and fulfilled my pizza craving, yet wasn't overly greasy. The whole wheat crust also had exceptional flavor that white crust can't provide, while the veggies were fresh and sat atop a thick layer of melted cheese.



I was psyched that Pini's offers whole wheat crust, too - I tend to prefer whole wheat over white, as it's healthier and just has a better flavor. All of Pini's pizzas are available with whole wheat crust, and some of their other noteworthy specialty pizzas include Ranch Chucken & Bacon, Spicy Buffalo Chicken, and Roasted Red Pepper Pesto. I'm excited to try most, if not all, of the combinations while I live right down the street in Waltham.

Have you ever tried Pini's? What's your review?

1 comment: