Friday, January 15, 2010

Cure for the common cold: A towering pile of chili nachos from Red Hook

There’s no better way to embrace being "snowed in" than with this monstrosity at Red Hook Brewery in Portsmouth:



Their nachos are basically a tower of cheese, sweet chili, banana peppers and oh-so crunchy tortilla chips that refuse to get soggy from the mounds of ingredients placed on top of them. My cousin and I took a road trip to Portsmouth during the most recent snow storm a few weeks ago just to get some good beer and fabulous grub at Red Hook – plus a tour of the brewery, ending with several ice cold samples. Our decision may not have been the brightest, given it was snowing outside – but it was worth braving the unpleasant weather for. The price for RH's nachos is under $8 (if my memory serves me right), and can easily feed four very hungry people. If you try to split it between two, too many chili-covered chips go to waste.

What kind of food do you crave during a snow storm?

2 comments:

  1. I am big fan of the Buffalo Chicken Pita at Redhook...If I could somehow end up there during a snow storm...thats what I would have.

    ReplyDelete