Monday, January 25, 2010

Best deal this week: ending a day on the slopes with The Common Man for $2

I would eat at The Common Man every day if I could – although that would really inhibit my job as a food writer. Regardless, I have been learning how to snowboard at Loon Mountain these past few weeks (a.) because I want a fun winter hobby, and b.) because Zach is an avid snowboarder), and my body is always sore and in need of nourishment after a day on the slopes. My go-to solution after a day of learning: beer and lots of food. However, yesterday I spent $5.75 at the lounge on a Peak Organic pomegranate-flavored beer, which hit the spot, but also hurt my wallet. Little did I know I could have saved almost $4 by driving down the road to The Common Man. From 3 to 5 p.m. every day, The Common Man in Lincoln, N.H. offers $2 drafts and ½ off select appetizers in their lounge. The timing isn’t ideal, as we usually try to get the last run in right at 4 p.m., but I would leave 30 minutes prior for cheap beer and eats after a day of snowboarding – especially after spending so much money at the ski resort.

Side note: The Common Man’s Foster Boiler Room in Plymouth, and The Common Man in Ashland, also have these specials. Foster’s is only on weekends from 3-5 p.m., however.

No comments:

Post a Comment