Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Best deal I found this week

I'm FINALLY going to start organizing my blog entries - thanks for bearing with me thus far, folks - and starting next week, I am going to post the "Best Deal I Found This Week" every Monday, in hopes that gives you plenty of time to take advantage of the deal during the busy work week. However, I could not wait until this Monday to tell you about this steal - especially because I found it a week ago.

$1.99 for a box of six granola bars at Trader Joe's. It may not sound like much of a deal at first, but I'm used to spending over $3 a box on Kashi granola bars, so saving a buck or more for just-as-delicious bars is well worth it to me. My bottom desk drawer at work is always full of granola bars, and since I usually eat one as a pick-me-up at the end of the day, I don't want to buy the sugar-infused varieties that tend to be cheaper than Kashi. Trader Joe's bars are made with organic ingredients, and keep my stomach full until dinner (usually).

Trader Joe's had quite a few choices for these $1.99 snacks, but I opted for the Peanut Butter and the savory/sweet Trail Mix. Both bars are perfectly chewy, and full of natural ingredients, which shows in the flavor. Quick side note: Trader Joe's tends to be inexpensive in general, which surprised me.

Do you shop at Trader Joe's on a regular basis? If so, do you find that you save money, versus going somewhere else?

No comments:

Post a Comment