Monday, January 11, 2010

Best deal this week: $2.99 menu at Uno's

All right, I know this isn't breaking news - but good food for under $3 should never be forgotten. Friday night, some friends and I went to Uno's Chicago Grill in Harvard Square for a few drinks and some appetizers. We rarely venture to Uno's for any occasion (let alone Harvard Square), and I had little memory of their $2.99 menu, and impressive beer selection for a chain restaurant. Uno's $2.99 menu is served from 4 to 7 p.m. and then again from 10 to close, and the great thing about it (besides the price, of course) is that the menu gives you options - it's not just a few selections including the usual, greasy bar food.

My boyfriend's a vegetarian, as you all know, and I was impressed that the $2.99 menu even included a few selections for him, including the Avocado Egg Rolls. The rolls were made with fresh avocado, sun-dried tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and lime juice, and all served inside a crispy, bubbly egg roll. Tamarind cashew sauce was served on the side for dipping, making this dish an innovative twist on the regular, everyday egg roll.

The menu lists quite a few options - Lobster Slider, anyone? - and it's nice to know you can get dishes at Uno's that you can't get anywhere else, and for under $3. Oh, and the service rocked. If I had eight thumbs, I'd put them all up.

1 comment:

  1. well, this just made me go to their website and check out the $2.99 snacks! I think I might just go there this weekend :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete