Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Super Bowl Beer Cheese Spread

Ah, the Super Bowl. Such an overrated, another-excuse-to-drink-and-eat sports game. But hey, I can't complain - I had some good eats this past Sunday thanks to the football festivities!

A bunch of us headed to Z's to watch the game on the his big screen television. Most people brought their own drinks, but the menu consisted of spicy con queso dip with tortilla chips; homemade guacamole, courtesy of my friend Christine; and, the star of the evening, the homemade Beer Cheese Spread that Z and I made. Talk about delicious.

Z found this recipe for the Beer Cheese Spread (scroll down the page to see recipe), and we only altered it slightly. He didn't have any paprika on hand, so we replaced that with chili powder. We also used Dale's Pale Ale hot sauce, which Z had bought previously at the Craft Beer Cellar in Belmont. And although we almost skipped the celery seed - I highly recommend you do not. The flavor makes a big difference.

We spread this creamy, tangy, decadent beer cheese on small slices of baguette. The dish made a more elegant and filling snack to munch on while watching the big game.

What food did you make for the Super Bowl? 

4 comments:

  1. I love any kind of cheese spread! For a Superbowl party, I made chicken and turkey chili :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds AWESOME! I am definitely going to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will love it, Michelle/Bianca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beer and cheese just might be one of the best combinations ever. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete