Monday, February 21, 2011

A 'Simple' Way to Get Organized - and Be Green!

Remember when I promised a CSN product review a few weeks ago? Well, the review is finally here!

CSN Stores' website is chocked full of quality, reasonably priced home gadgets, furniture, kitchenware and much, much more. I was fortunate enough to pick something affordable from CSN's website, courtesy of the company. In true Michelle fashion, I chose something not only economical, but also simple and useful.


Yes, a Simplehuman grocery bag holder. Here's why I chose it: Buying trash bags for smaller trash cans (i.e. for office, bathroom, etc.) is pointless when you can save plastic bags from grocery stores and other shopping trips. I save almost every plastic bag I bring home, but had been shoving them into the back of one of my kitchen drawers - which clearly wasn't working.


Because of this stress-inducing drawer clutter, I knew the grocery bag holder would help me get organized - and save more plastic bags than my kitchen drawer could ever fit. After contemplating a few areas of my apartment to hang the grocery bag holder, I finally settled on my linen/extra-bathroom-storage closet, right next to my bathroom. (Please note, the grocery bag holder is hung upside down - this is what happens when a.) you rush, and b.) the adhesive on such a contraption is super-glue-sticky). Oops.


The holder really works both ways, though - I can still easily put the plastic bags in the middle pocket, and pull them out from the bottom opening. Phew!


This grocery bag holder makes my bag storage so much more organized. It's just such a convenient, easy-to-store contraption, and encourages me to save more plastic bags than I previously would have, for storage reasons. And, since I hung this in the closet right next to my bathroom, it makes grabbing a new bathroom "trash bag" extra convenient. My kitchen drawer is also pleased with this new purchase.


Now I have a little extra storage space in my very tiny kitchen - which will go a long way. Trust me.

What tools/methods do you use to make your living space organized?

5 comments:

  1. My sister has one of those and loves it! I have three reusable bags at the bottom of my pantry - one from paper bags, one for plastic and one for reusable. Like you, we hate to waste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool contraption! i want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Simple Human bag holder... I had that same one at my old apt and my fiance and I bought one that sits on the floor and have it in our pantry now. It saves SO much space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, it really does - more than I thought it would originally. I'll have to buy a new one when I move, though - this baby's permanently stuck to the door! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg I totally need one of these!

    ReplyDelete