Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Trying Something New at The Elephant Walk

I love The Elephant Walk in Cambridge. I always experience delicious food with exotic flavors and impressive presentations, and the service is usually efficient and welcoming. On Monday evening, Z and I's dinner there was no different than usual.

We tend to order the same dishes when we dine at The Elephant Walk, but Monday night, we changed up our habits. To start, we split the Salade de Timbale au Chevre ($9.95), which came with Vermont goat cheese, grapes, cherry tomatoes, diced Barlett pears and walnuts. The plating on this was spectacular - I wish I had a photo to share with you all - but the flavors were also spot on for this otherwise "simple" salad. The creamy, obviously fresh goat cheese paired beautifully with the sweet grapes and crunchy walnuts, too.

For dinner, I ordered the Vegan Organic Tofu Malika ($16.95), which was tofu sauteed with lemongrass, shallots and garlic, and served with cubanelle peppers, roasted tomatoes, jalapenos and Asian basil. Again, the presentation was gorgeous - a perfect ball of sticky white rice served alongside vibrant veggies and cubes of fried tofu. This dish was also perfectly spicy, without the fresh jalapenos overpowering the sweet tomatoes and delicate lemongrass flavor.

For the life of me, I can't remember what Z ordered - but his dish was also beautifully presented, and the flavors of his dish were spot-on. I ended up having a good amount of leftovers (from both dishes) for lunch the next day, too.

Although a meal and a few beers at The Elephant Walk can come with a heavier price tag than I'm used to spending (we had a Groupon to use on this particular evening for $40), the quality of the food and service is worth every penny.

What local restaurant(s) do you not mind splurging on?

Elephant Walk on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. I have a Groupon or BuyWithMe coupon for Elephant Walk that expires next year and your consistent great reviews have me so excited to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to the Elephant Walk but always hear great reviews about it. I'll have to go there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great. I've never been to that restaurant, but I've heard lots of good reviews. I'll have to check it out next time I'm in the city!

    ReplyDelete