Thursday, December 16, 2010

Potato, Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry

Twitter is a wonderful tool to network with people with related interests, get the word out about your blog, and sometimes, even make new friends. Twitter is also a great tool to get new recipe ideas - it's thanks to Twitter that Z and I were able to cook and eat Patti's Potato, Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry the other night for dinner.


We really changed nothing to this dish, expect we used frozen cauliflower instead of fresh; we used dried cilantro and ginger; and we added some cayenne pepper for an extra kick. Otherwise, we followed the recipe to a T - and ended up with a lot of food for leftovers throughout the week. 


The end result was insanely flavorful, thanks to the coconut milk, curry and cilantro, and the textures were wonderful - the potatoes were still a little crunchy, but were a welcome change from the soft cauliflower and chickpeas. This dish was also really easy to make. Besides chopping the potatoes, it was really a matter of stirring and simmering everything in one pot on the stove.

Thanks again Patti for this wonderful recipe!

Do you think Twitter is a useful tool? Why or why not?

6 comments:

  1. You know that I'm a big fan of Twitter! I have definitely met so many people, been introduced to many different products and recipes, and just opened up my world overall. Your curry dish looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dubious about twitter as a personal tool, but think it's great for professional networking and info-sharing. It's still so new I do wonder how it will shake out eventually; I think it's UI needs a huge rehaul, personally.

    In other news, I love the sound of this recipe, and will probably be making a variant this evening...am in a chickpea mood and have been trawling for ideas! Might do warmed spiced chickpeas on top of coconut bulgur, as a little variant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dishes that are veggie-centric and pack a lot of flavor. This looks awesome. Love twitter! :)
    PS - I'm hosting a sweet giveaway on my blog. Check it out if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum looks good! I can always count on you for veggie inspiration!
    And, of course I also love Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Melissa! And thanks everyone for weighing in on your thoughts on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really have to try working with coconut milk! I've eaten it before, but never cooked with it myself. I love the look of this veggie dish. YUM!

    ReplyDelete