Monday, December 13, 2010

Think Tank in Kendall Square

After the Whole Foods' event last week, Z and I popped into Think Tank in Kendall Square for a light dinner and some brews. This was my first time at Think Tank, and I was pretty impressed with the diverse, yet short, menu, along with the local and organic food options.

To start, I ordered Woodstock Inn's Pig's Ear Brown Ale.


We both had eaten our fair share of appetizers at the Whole Foods event, so we decided to split two light meals. First, we ordered the Cold Peanut Noodles ($8).


For an appetizer, this was a heaping portion, and we didn't even finish the plate between the two of us. The flavors of this dish were incredible, too - the peanut flavor wasn't overdone, and the dish as a whole was slightly spicy. Although I wish the dish was made with smaller pieces of fresh mint (versus the large mint leaves that it came with), I was still pretty impressed with this plate.

Along with the peanut noodles, we also split the Fall Flatbread ($10), made with apple, butternut squash and tarragon chevre. 


It's hard for me not to like flatbread, but the ingredients in Think Tanks' fall version were obviously fresh and blended beautifully together. The sharp, tangy cheese also helped to cut the sweetness from the apples and the squash perfectly. I easily could have eaten this plate by myself. 

Although the menu at Think Tank seemed limited in quantity, the diversity and quality of their dishes reigned supreme. I'm excited to go back and try their Naan Flatbread ($8), made with crispy garlic and edamame hummus, as well as their Green Curry ($15), made with local vegetables and jasmine rice. 

What's your favorite restaurant in the area that utilizes local and/or organic ingredients?

Think Tank on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. I haven't been to Think Tank yet but I've heard they have a fabulous Tiki Friday night! One of my favorite local and sustainable restaurants is Stone Hearth Pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried Think Tank yet, but I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I want to go there for Tiki drinks some night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Think Tank either - that pizza looks awesome! Tiki Friday sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work right across the street but haven't gotten in there yet. I always think the menu looks a little lacking and end up at Beantowne instead. It's good to hear that you liked it and found it diverse enough. One of these days, I'll have to get in there for lunch.

    My favorite restaurant in the area that uses local ingredients is definitely Garden at the Cellar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiki Friday DOES sound fun! Thanks for the tip. :)

    And Megan, I have yet to try Garden at the Cellar - I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete