Friday, December 10, 2010

Recap of the Whole Foods Affordable Entertaining Party

I love Whole Foods. I love the taste tests they give you around the store and the high quality, endless food options. What I don't love: Thinking I can't shop there on a weekly basis because of the price tags.

The other night, I was invited to Whole Foods' holiday event celebrating Affordable Entertaining. The event, held at the Whole Foods on River Street in Cambridge, allowed local food bloggers and foodies to sample an array of treats made by Whole Foods that are affordable and ideal for any holiday party.




While at the tasting, I sampled a variety of different cheeses.


I also tried some of the beer and wine samples, including a fairly good Merlot that cost under $3, as well as Cisco Brewers' holiday beer. 


Whole Foods had two other tables set-up, one with more hearty appetizers such as Stuffed Mushrooms and Prosciutto and Pea Arancini...




...and the other with a sampling of desserts.



Overall, Whole Foods had a wonderful event set-up for us bloggers, and even sent us home with goody bags! It was also really great to see how many affordable options Whole Foods has - prices I never would have expected to see in their store. 

Do you shop at Whole Foods? Why or why not?

7 comments:

  1. I didn't attend the party since I had reservations for Hell Night but it looks like it was a blast! I order most of my groceries from Peapod but pick up any last minute ingredients for recipes at Whole Foods and Savenor's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with WF. I do shop there on a weekly basis. I try to get staples like flour, butter, and sugar at Stop & Shop, but I prefer WF for meats, produce, fish, and specialty items. They have great prices on wine too. So nice to see you the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this seems like my kind of event! Wish I went!
    I love Whole Foods. I shop everywhere but shop more at Whole Foods now for local produce now that Farmers Markets are closed... and I love their cheeses oh and Fig Jam. They have the best fig jam on the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great seeing you too, Megan! And Lizzy, that fig jam sounds awesome - I'm definitely looking for it next time I'm in Whole Foods!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent a big chunk of my money at Whole Foods. I lovelovelove it! Too bad I wasn't able to make it to this event and meet you in person. Sounds like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recap! I was so bummed that I had to miss it last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always shop at Whole Foods. I love their 365 brand and I find that I don't spend any more than at any other grocery store.

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete