Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Burritos

As we all get excited for tomorrow's festivities, I thought this fall twist on a favorite would be a great recipe to share with you all. Z and I made these the other evening, and had plenty of leftovers for lunches this week - and this was one of our favorite recipes we've made to date.

The recipe is for Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Burritos, courtesy of Aggie's Kitchen. Packed with sweet potatoes, black beans and roasted veggies, these unique burritos were incredibly delicious. The sweet potatoes kept some of their crunch which added a nice texture to the otherwise soft interior of the burrito, and the roasting of the vegetables, as always, gave the dish that extra "wow" taste. The only changes we made to Aggie's recipe was we substituted cayenne for chili powder - a fabulous idea if you can handle spicy food - and I used yellow peppers instead of green, just because the yellow peppers looked better at my grocery store than the green peppers.

This meal was easy to make, minus all the chopping, and it was also healthy and very flavorful. I can't wait to make these again!

Coming soon: A full recap of the Ommegang Beer Dinner at Cambridge Common. I'm reviewing the food, Z's reviewing the beer. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. chopping veggies can take forever sometimes! this sounds like a winning dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very weirdly find chopping vegetables to be therapeutic. This burrito sounds great! BTW, I'm posting the recipe for cold curry-peanut noodles today and it is vegetarian-friendly too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also find chopping vegetables to be therapeutic too! :) So glad you enjoyed the burritos, these are one of our favorites! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, when you first mentioned the curry-peanut noodles on your blog, I immediately thought "I want that recipe." Thanks for the heads up!

    Aggie, thanks again for the recipe idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! I need to start cleaning out my pantry and fridge to prepare for my move....as luck would have it, I have most of these ingredients!

    ReplyDelete