Monday, November 1, 2010

Save Money at Starbucks; Blog Update

Courtesy of www.shelbystidham.com
Before I jump into the "work stuff," I wanted to share a quick money-saving tip with you guys - for the next time you're at Starbucks. I actually discovered this trick a while ago, and realized this past weekend that I haven't shared it on the blog yet. So, here goes!

Personally, I love the different flavors of coffee Starbucks has. For instance, one of their featured flavors right now is Toffee Mocha - sounds delicious, right? Well, whenever I order their specialty flavored coffees, the end result is syrupy sweet, high in fat and calories, and costs anywhere from $3 to $4 and up (I usually get iced drinks). So, one day I discovered their iced coffee - which is just straight up coffee - that can have flavors, like Toffee Mocha, added to it - without the extra syrups, calories, sugar, etc. And, for a venti iced creation, the price is under $3. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, the work stuff. I started a new job two weeks ago, and absolutely love it. However, this new job is more demanding of my time. In addition to this blog, I do a variety of other "side jobs," like recruiting for my alma mater and other freelance writing gigs. As a result, I've done nothing but work over the last few weeks, and I'm burnt out. I've realized that I want to devote the free time that I have to this blog only, in addition to my full-time job - as well as a few freelance writing gigs that aren't incredibly demanding of my "free time." So, expect to see many more posts in the future - and it won't just be restaurant reviews and recipes anymore. Everything will be food/budget related, just taken up a notch. I hope you enjoy the improvements!

How do you manage to make time for you during the busy work week?

6 comments:

  1. We all struggle to find the balance between work and blogging...I hope you find yours! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding time to fit in everything is really difficult. Every once in a while I remind myself that it's not the end of the world if I don't get a post up. Congrats on the new job... and looking forward to reading many more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blog/work balance is so hard to achieve! Congrats on your new job and I hope you find the balance you're looking for soon (and if you find mine let me know!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys! I know we all struggle with the work/blogging/life balance - and I think all of us here are doing a pretty damn good job of it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From one Bobcat to another, so happy to hear you love your new job, that really does make a huge difference. And good for you for sticking to your guns and doing a great job at it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! That's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete