Friday, November 26, 2010

Food Was an Afterthought on Thanksgiving

I hope you all had a very Happy Thanksgiving! I can honestly say this year's Thanksgiving, for me, was the best I've ever had. It was the first year where I realized the food doesn't even matter - I was just so grateful to be around so many people I love - although, don't get me wrong, the food was definitely a bonus. :) Last year, we didn't know if my Grandpa would make it to another Thanksgiving, but he was here this year, healthier than he was this time last year.

My Grandpa with my nephew, Ryder.
It was also great to have both my niece and nephew at the dinner table.

My niece, Aubrey, with my Aunt Karen.
Ryder with my Mom.
And, after dinner with the 30+ members of my family, Z and I were fortunate enough to have a second (and more intimate) Thanksgiving meal with his family. I wish I had a photo share, but I (unfortunately) failed to bring my camera.

This year, I am so thankful for so many things, and although we were all fortunate enough to indulge in such great food, wine and beer yesterday, it was nice to enjoy Thanksgiving, realizing it's not all about the food. I guess that's part of growing up, and truly taking the time to reflect on how blessed I am in life.

How was your Thanksgiving?

5 comments:

  1. glad you had a nice thanksgiving. cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Michelle! Glad you had such a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys! Hope you all had a nice holiday as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great write up! Our family is something to be thankful for!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete