Monday, August 2, 2010

Best Deal This Week: $30 for 'Burgers & Burgundy' at The Bristol Lounge

I am coming down from one amazing weekend. The weather here in Boston was utterly spectacular - clear skies, bright sun, and no humidity - and I spent most of it outside with my new bike, Z, and a new book. Life is good. And I'm about to make it even better by announcing this week's Best Deal.

This blog is obviously focused on eating well within a limited budget - but sometimes, you just have to splurge. Restaurants like Brasserie Jo and Ten Tables are such establishments where I don't mind spending a few extra dollars. Life is too short to always be pinching pennies.

However, some of these splurge-worthy eateries offer us deals before we even ask for them. One such restaurant: The Bristol Lounge, inside the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston. Every Wednesday, The Bristol Lounge offers Burgers & Burgundy, where diners can get one of their burgers paired with two Burgundian-style wines for $30. The Bristol Burger is topped with homemade pickles and aged Vermont Cheddar, and served on a toasted roll with truffle fries. My guess is that the fries aren't included with the Burgundy deal, but I could be mistaken.

I admit that this may not be the best deal I've ever featured - but, $30 for a burger and some solid wine samples is a great way to experience an upscale eatery, while enjoying some quality food and drink. Plus - some places are just worth the extra splurge.

How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I had a fabulous weekend with lots of relaxing, sleeping in, cooking, massages and movie-watching. It was just what I needed to re-fuel from last week's stresses and to get the strength to do it again this week!

    ReplyDelete