Monday, November 2, 2009

Refusing to let bad banana bread go to waste

I am ashamed to admit this, but sometimes the best cooking mistakes yield the most delicious creations. Friday, after work, I got the sudden urge to use my rotting bananas and make them into my mother's famous banana bread - with chocolate chips added, of course. My mother has never failed at baking banana bread (or at much else for that matter), but I was in a rush - and didn't allow the banana bread to cook all the way through. What I was left with was a delicious-looking loaf of bread who's center caved in five minutes after leaving the oven. Now I'm looking for a way to make use of this disaster - banana bread pudding? Banana cinnamon French toast? Thankfully, the possibilities are endless, and the bread won't go to waste. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment