Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Organic and inexpensive pub grub at Piccadilly

I just had lunch at the Piccadilly Pub in North Reading. I went in skeptical, and left brutally beaten with the fact that I'd been proven wrong. Piccadilly is one local chain that offers the whole package: cheap grub, quality food, solid customer service. I wouldn't recommend bringing someone here on a first date (or any date in the first few months of courting), but the casual atmosphere makes you just want to sip a brew, gorge on some simple American food, and revel in light conversation. Since I was on my lunch break, I opted for lemon water - not beer - and ordered the Organic Malibu Garden Burger ($7.99) with a side of mixed veggies. The vegetables obviously came out of a can, but were flavored so well, I ate every last bite - and wished I had more. The veggie burger was also one of the best I've had in a while, chocked full of organic broccoli, corn, carrots, peppers, water chestnuts and onions, covered in melted Swiss cheese, and sandwiched between moist-and-cheesy focaccia bread. The burger also had fresh tomato and lettuce for a garnish. Downright delicious. Personally, I believe the word "organic" means nothing but "expensive," but when it's inexpensive, I jump on the chance to eat anything organic. Piccadilly offered me that chance today.

What's your favorite restaurant that offers simple, delicious pub grub?

No comments:

Post a Comment