Friday, October 23, 2009

A lunch splurge that was worth the wait


For me, easy-to-make lunches are a necessity during the work week, so when I splurge on a more "gourmet" sandwich, it better be good. Luckily for Boston King Cafe in Andover, their sandwiches are good, although prepare to wait 10 minutes for one, as they're made to order. I stopped into the breakfast-to-dinner cafe yesterday for one of their Four Corner Ham & Cheese sandwiches ($6.80), and although this dish was anything but gourmet, it was satisfying and (I guess) worth the wait. Made with just the right amount of black forest ham, provolone cheese, house mustard, lettuce, and tomato on thick cut multigrain bread, this was one dressed up ham and cheese. My only gripe? The bread was toasted, while the meat and cheese were still cold. I would have killed for some melted cheese and ham heated in the skillet.

What's your favorite place to splurge on lunch during the week?

1 comment:

  1. I love boston king coffee! It's a great lunch spot! Next time try their Mozz and Tomato sandwich, its really good and the mayo they put on it is really good too! Just it's smaller than it was months ago! So keep that in mind when buying a $7 lunch :)

    ReplyDelete