Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spicy Tempeh Stir-fry

The blogging/food writing side of my life has been pretty pathetic this week. I've been training a new hire at my day job - on top of having to perform my own duties - and with a friend's birthday celebration Tuesday evening, I've had next to no time to cook. So, when I had a free evening last night, I decided to cook something quick, easy and delicious.

On my way home from work, I picked up a bag of  this:


And used these two items in my pantry:

Toasted Sesame Ginger Seasoning & Thai Style Chili Sauce.

To make this: 

Spicy Tempeh Stir-fry
Yields: 2-3 servings
-2 tbsp. olive oil
-3/4 bag frozen Oriental Stir Fry
-1 8 oz. package tempeh, cubed
-1/2 tbsp. Toasted Sesame Ginger Seasoning
-1 tbsp. Thai Style Chili Sauce
-1 tsp. minced garlic
-Dash of cayenne pepper
-Salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions:
1.) Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large sauce pan; add frozen vegetables and cook until warmed through.
2.) Add cubed tempeh to the pan and stir; season with salt, pepper, cayenne and Toasted Sesame Ginger Seasoning. 
3.) Add chili sauce and stir; add garlic and let cook on low heat for another 3-4 minutes, stirring once or twice.
4.) Taste for seasoning; serve in a large bowl with rice or with French bread on the side. 


The end result was fairly spicy, and packed with great Asian flavors. The ginger seasoning and chili sauce added a lot of great flavor to this dish. If you can't find the Toasted Sesame Ginger Seasoning, some simple sesame seeds and ground ginger should work just fine. 


Easy, flavorful and spicy - the perfect weeknight dinner, if you ask me!

How is your week going?

2 comments:

  1. My week is slowly getting better....and I'm looking forward to the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your recipe and the Thai chili sure hit the spot. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete