Monday, December 28, 2009

My Christmas, in photos

Sorry for the lack of blogging lately, kids - I've been M.I.A. due to the Christmas holiday, and my recent weekend away for a snowboarding trip. But now I am back, and happy to report that I received a pretty sweet Canon PowerShot S90 camera for Christmas. My old camera was a Kodak, bottom-of-the-line camera that took pretty lackluster photos. However, my new camera takes amazing snapshots! Despite my gift, I spent most of my time this Christmas reflecting on all the wonderful people I have in my life, and how lucky I am to have each and every one of them. I feel like this holiday flew by way too fast, too, so I am devoting this post to the holiday I shared with my family and my loved ones, through photos (with my new camera). Most of these shots highlight my mother's talent for holiday decor - or, in other words, what makes Christmas Christmas for the Collins'. Enjoy the show!











OK...I wouldn't be a true foodie without including some photos of what I ate on Christmas. Below is my dinner plate, consisting of turkey, homemade gravey, squash, mashed potatoes, peas with pearl onions and mushrooms, and a dinner roll. Simple, traditional, and downright delish!



Also, here is a shot of the white chocolate-covered trail mix my mom made for Christmas Eve/Day. Completely addicting and dangerous:



Finally, I had to conclude this mini photo reel with a picture of my adorable nephew, Ryder, with his favorite gift this Christmas: A stuffed dinosaur. How cute is this kid? (He's with his mom, my older sister, Theresa):



How did you spend the Christmas holiday?

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic of Ryder! However, I was definately hoping for some insight into the 2009 picking dinner that I missed... so, include that in your next blog :) thx

    ReplyDelete