Friday, April 26, 2013

Jalapeno Pepper Jack Scones


I very rarely follow someone else's recipe to a T. I almost always tweak it to accommodate ingredients I already have in my kitchen, or to suit my individual tastes. But sometimes, I find a recipe that is just so right that I don't change a thing. These scones are one of those recipes.

Basically, Joy the Baker is a genius - and I highly recommend you try her Jalapeno Pepper Jack Scones this weekend. They're great with eggs for a leisurely brunch, or even served with soup or salad for dinner. Regardless of when you decide to eat them, just be sure to do yourself a favor and bake them. Soon.


Also, thanks to Ina, I now know the secret to flaky, perfect scones: cold butter and very minimal mixing. It works.

What are you looking forward to this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment