Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Brunch at The Fireplace

A few Sundays ago, I met up with the Boston Brunchers at The Fireplace in Brookline for a leisurely brunch. This was my first time dining at The Fireplace, although I had always wanted to check it out. I've always only heard rave reviews about this restaurant. 

Our brunch began with complimentary rolls, that were in the shape of scones. Our waiter didn't give us much information about them, but they were served warm, and tasted delicious. I just think it was a little too much bread to eat before a meal (who am I?).


As a table, we decided to share some of The Fireplace's salads. (Side note: The Fireplace's menu is massive, and they have a wide variety of salads to choose from). The vegetarian salad we tried was the vibrant Beet and Orange Salad ($13).


Served over Boston lettuce, the fresh beets and oranges were tossed with parsnip chips, toasted walnuts, Brebis Blanche sheeps' milk cheese, and a citrus vinaigrette. Although the price is a little more than I'd pay for a salad, this was by far my favorite dish of the morning. Everything was obviously fresh, and each flavor complemented the other beautifully.

For my entree, I ended up going with the Lobster Eggs Benedict ($22).


I only eat fish about 2-3 times a year, and the only time I eat it is when I know it's fresh...so ordering this was my own fault. Unfortunately, the lobster was a tad too chewy and cut up too small for my liking - I like big, fresh chunks of lobster. The eggs were also not perfectly cooked, although the runny yolk was acceptable. Sadly, though, the yolk did not help in making the overly toasted English muffin easier to saw through.

I really enjoyed The Fireplace's bustling yet comfortable atmosphere, and it was wonderful catching up with (and meeting some new!) Boston bloggers. However, I wasn't totally blown away by The Fireplace's food. Perhaps I should give them a try for dinner?

Fireplace on Urbanspoon


As part of my involvement with the Boston Brunchers, this meal was complimentary. The opinions expressed in this post are honest and 100 percent my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment