Friday, June 22, 2012

Eat This: Patata Rossa from The Upper Crust Pizzeria


Warm, melt-y fontina. Thinly sliced red bliss potatoes. Sweet, caramelized onions. Fresh sprigs of rosemary.

That pretty much sums up one of The Upper Crust Pizzeria's newest pies: the Patata Rossa ($20.75, large). Not only is it fun to say (pa-ta-ta!), it's also incredibly delicious. It's a white pizza with a beautiful blend of toppings - and the crispy, thin crust is always a welcome base.

As a bonus, Z and I used one of our Eversave coupons to buy this pie, so it only cost us about $2 after taxes.

What delicious dishes have you discovered lately?

The Upper Crust Pizzeria on Urbanspoon


6 comments:

  1. It does look delicious Michelle! Let me ask you (and this is not a leading question, as I have no strong opinions myself), does the current legal situation in which T.U.C. finds itself have an impact on your patronage? I'm curious to see how a food blogger would approach this.

    As for your question, it would be hard to pick just one dish, since we eat out almost every night. The tarragon-lobster sliders from Lobsta Love were sublime on a hot summer night. The Bo Luc Lac from Typhoon was similarly transcendent for a low-carb choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frederick, great question - I actually almost mentioned this in my blog post but ultimately decided not to. I definitely am aware and disgusted by what has come out on T.U.C., but I also know of a few people who work for the company, so I've heard both sides. I'm neutral at this point, and believe me - there are plenty of other local pizza shops I'd rather buy from. But this particular pizza was delicious and worth sharing, despite everything that's going on with this company. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE potatoes on pizza! i just had a similar pie from NEBO, but with gorgonzola cheese. The rosemary potato combo is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgonzola with potatoes sounds delicious!

      Delete
  3. I love a pizza of a similar flavor profile at Cambridge 1 in Harvard Square. Why is potato on pizza so darn good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Cambridge 1! I think I've had that same potato pizza. ;)

      Delete