Friday, June 8, 2012

Eat This: Avocado Eggs Benedict

If you haven't noticed by now...I love Cambridge Common. Z and I are regulars there. It's within walking distance from our house, the food is consistently good and affordable, there's rarely a wait for a table, and the staff is friendly and efficient. For the drivers, there's also a small parking lot behind the restaurant, which is super convenient considering Cambridge Common is right on Mass. Ave.

Since we're such fans of CC, we almost always take out-of-town guests there for at least one meal. So, when a few of Z's friends were in town from NYC last weekend, we decided to all go to CC for Sunday brunch before our guests headed home. I ordered one of my favorite brunch dishes from CC that day: the Avocado Eggs Benedict ($7.95).


Served with giant home fries and fruit, this is one decadent dish (and a great hangover cure, FYI). The creamy Hollandaise sauce and the runny eggs envelop the fresh avocado and fluffy English muffins underneath in a sultry, luxurious fashion. I had all I could do to not lick my plate clean.

What's your favorite brunch dish?

Cambridge Common on Urbanspoon


9 comments:

  1. I love the Southwest Eggs Benedict at Masa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to Masa for brunch. I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  2. I haven't been to CC in awhile. I love their beer selection and tater tots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, their tots are fantastic!

      Delete
  3. That sounds amazing. I am a big fan of all eggs Benedict variations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend this one. A little different, but just as delicious!

      Delete
  4. I just had an awesome veggie eggs benedict at West Side Lounge on Mass Ave in Porter. SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I walk past CC a few times a month but I've never been. I've been dying for some French toast recently

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eggs Benedict is definitely my favorite brunch dish! The addition of avocado sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete