Friday, September 2, 2011

Late Night Dinner at Stone Hearth Pizza Co.

On Wednesday evening, me and Z’s cousin (who also happened to be his roommate at the time) helped Z pack and move his belongings, as the new tenants were scheduled to move in the next day. As we packed, taped, and brought boxes down to the basement, Z got a call from our tenants at the new house – saying our toilet was overflowing. Good times.

Once 9 o’clock rolled around, we were all tired, stressed and starving. Z had a Groupon for Stone Hearth Pizza Co. in Porter Square, so I went and got us some food while the boys cleaned up after the bathroom fiasco.


I had yet to try Stone Hearth’s food, but have always heard rave reviews about it. Craft brews, local sources, and delicious pizza? All those things always sound good to me.

We decided to get a few things and split them between the three of us. We opted for the Spinach and Avocado salad ($6.95), Veggie Medley Stromboli ($7.25), and a create-your-own pizza topped with caramelized onions and spinach ($15.05).


The prices may seem a little high for what we ordered, but the attention to quality, fresh ingredients is always worth the few extras dollars for me. I particularly loved the veggie Stromboli, which was chocked full of broccoli, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, ricotta and mushrooms, to name a few.

This weekend, I am looking forward to a weekend away in New Hampshire to see my family and some of my best friends from grade school. What do you have planned for holiday weekend? 

Stone Hearth Pizza on Urbanspoon



5 comments:

  1. I'm a HUGE fan of SHP! This weekend will be filled with some shopping and lots of entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend, Michelle! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a Groupon for Stone Hearth too! I had the white bean pizza and it was delicious. :-) There were so many good options though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Stone Hearth! have a great long weekend in NH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bacon and blue pizza there... it's covered with zucchini, squash, and cherry tomatoes (in addition to bacon and blue cheese).

    I'll be doing lots of cooking this weekend. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete