Tuesday, March 1, 2011

$5 Wine and Discounted Pies at Pizzeria Posto

I love local restaurants with quality food, a passion for local produce/ingredients, and a great atmosphere - with plenty of vegetarian options. I dined at one such establishment last night in Davis Square: Pizzeria Posto.

I met my friend Julie for some long overdue dinner and drinks. On this particular Monday night, Pizzeria Posto had a 20 minute wait (if that doesn't speak to the food/service, I don't know what will). We opted to sit at the bar, and took advantage of Posto's Blizzard Menu Mondays. Now through the end of winter, Blizzard Menu Mondays offers economical diners any of Posto's wood-fired pizzas for $9.95, and your choice of Chianti or Orvieto for $5 a glass. Julie and I both sipped on two Chiantis over the course of the night (two for the price of one!), and also split an appetizer and a pizza. Our appetizer: Rosemary Sea Salt Bread ($2.50).


The Rosemary Sea Salt Bread is baked to order, and served with Posto's chili pepper oil. The oil packed a serious - yet comfortable - kick, and paired beautifully with the salty, airy bread. This was the perfect light appetizer to split between two people, without filling ourselves up before the main course. 

The pizza we decided to split was the Mushroom (originally $16.50), topped with asiago, parmesan, homemade fior di latte, sliced garlic, oregano, arugula and lemon zest. 


Seasonal, mostly local pizza toppings and ingredients go a long, long way. This pie - which gave us both two generous slices - was satisfying, yet light and abundant with fresh flavors. The crust was also wonderfully thin, with subtle charcoal marks from the wood fire oven. The crust was even better dipped into the chili pepper oil, as an FYI.

Our experience at Posto was a very successful one. The service was friendly, albeit clumsy at times - there were several spills and dropped glasses along the way - the food was seasonal, fresh and flavorful, and the atmosphere was cozy - perfect for a girls' night out or a romantic dinner spot. 

Have you ever been to Posto? What's your review?

Pizzeria Posto on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

  1. I've never been to Posto before but I've got to say that the food looks delicious and you definitely got a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never sat down there, but we did get takeout pizza once. I couldn't believe how crowded it was when I ran in to pick up our order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, I'm not surprised it was so busy! And Michelle, you would love Posto! Simple Italian food, with bold, fresh flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have gone numerous times to Pizzeria Posto, and the food is always top notch. I have reviewed it a few times on my blog. I highly recommend this place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Posto! Their menu is great! It's a shame I live so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. never been, but that's an awesome deal, and i should try it out sometime :)

    ReplyDelete