Monday, December 17, 2012

[Holiday] Treats on Washington

A few weeks ago, chefs/owners of Treats on Washington, Dana Briley and Jessica Brown, invited an intimate group of bloggers to their Brighton location. The small event was geared toward tasting some of their treats while getting into the holiday spirit. Briley and Brown had their tiny bakery decorated beautifully for this event, with samples of some of their favorite sweets on display for us bloggers to try. They even had some festive libations for us to wash our treats down with, including homemade egg nog and champagne. 





Chocolate Peppermint Macarons.

Since this event was right after work, Briley and Brown also had some savory dishes for us to sample, including their Curried Lentil soup and their Garden Vegetable Sandwich, pictured below (the Garden Vegetable Sandwich is made with roasted red peppers, roasted yellow squash and zucchini, marinated green beans, shaved fennel, and hummus on a focaccia roll).


Some of my favorite samples from the evening were the Chocolate Peppermint Macarons, the Panettone (Italian holiday bread), and the homemade marshmallows, complete with a crushed peppermint rim. Briley and Brown clearly put a lot of time and effort into making this event festive, which really helped kickstart the holiday season for me. I'm also a big fan of smaller, more intimate blogger events like this one because it allows you to actually meet the folks behind the food (in addition to other bloggers). 

Other items on the Treats on Washington menu that caught my eye were the Roasted Vegetable Braided Bread, the Egg Nog Latte (seasonal), and the Cranberry Gingerbread Muffin (also seasonal). I definitely plan to go back soon to try some of their other creations!

Have you ever been to Treats on Washington? What's your review?

Treats on Washington on Urbanspoon


8 comments:

  1. I'm less inclined to venture to Brigton these days, totally should have made an exception for this event. everything looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is worth the trip! As is Bravo Pizza, right in Allston. ;)

      Delete
  2. I adore stollen - my mom used to always buy it when I lived at home during the holidays. I should really get my act together to make some for myself. I can taste the melt-in-your-mouth-goodness already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I tried that! I ate so much of everything else - especially the Panettone - that I was about to burst by the time I got to the stollen. I'll just have to go back and buy a loaf. ;)

      Delete
  3. I was sad to miss this event due to another party. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been and I wish I had been able to make it to the event. The vegetable sandwich looks awesome and so do those peppermint macarons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an excellent event. Brighton always feels so far away but this place seems well worth the venture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was double booked the night of this event and didn't make it. Now really wishing I had! I want those chocolate peppermint macaroons!

    ReplyDelete