Thursday, November 17, 2011

Eat Hummus Enjoy Life

Holy. Hummus.


The folks at Eat Well Enjoy Life sent me "some" of their hummus to sample. A small enough amount to have Z and I eating hummus until 2012. Luckily for us, it is by far the best hummus we've ever tasted.

The flavors we received are:

-Edamame Hummus
-Edamame Hummus with roasted red pepper and toasted sesame seeds
-Edamame Hummus with yellow peppers, black sesame and ginger
-Tuscan White Bean Hummus with roasted garlic tapenade
-Tuscan White Bean Hummus with roasted pine nuts and herbs
-Spicy Yellow Lentil Hummus with sunflower seeds and apricot

To be completely honest, I have no idea where to begin. Each and every flavor we tried was unique and flavorful. The combination of innovative tastes (example: yellow lentils with apricot) was surprising and satisfying. The texture of each hummus was also beautifully thick and creamy. We tried each hummus with pita chips, pita bread, pretzel chips - I could have dipped a shoe in this product, and it still would have been good.


Eat Well Enjoy Life's hummus just recently hit supermarket shelves in Boston. One of the co-founders, John Kincaid, is even a Boston area native. Their products are sold at several stores throughout Massachusetts (and New England, for that matter), including Shaw's, the Harvest Co-op, and Omni Foods, to name a few. All of their products are gluten-free, kosher and cholesterol free. 

After trying Eat Well Enjoy Life’s hummus, I think I will have a hard time buying another brand again. I’m not sure the exact retail price per tub, but I know it’s worth every penny. And, if Z and I haven’t gotten sick of hummus yet – they have to be doing something right.

Have you ever tried Eat Well Enjoy Life’s hummus? If not, do you plan to?


Disclaimer: Eat Well Enjoy Life sent me this hummus to sample free of charge. Despite their generosity, the opinions expressed in this post are honest and 100 percent my own.

7 comments:

  1. Sabra is my favorite brand of store-bought hummus. That is a LOT of hummus to sample! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this brand yet, I typically buy Sabra, but these flavors sounds fantastic. Wishing I was dipping carrots into one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got all that hummus too! Such an insane amount... but it is soo good. I haven't even sampled all of the kinds yet. Sabra is definitely my favorite traditional hummus, but these are awesome because they're made with edamame or white beans or lentils instead of chickpeas. It's a nice change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy hummus is right. have fun sampling them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Glad you enjoyed it--that's enough to feed a family of 4 for a while ;)

    ReplyDelete