Friday, August 12, 2011

Refocusing

These past few weeks, my life has looked a lot like this: 

Chaos. (Source: marysirmonarts.com).

Between traveling to San Diego for a week for work, preparing for moving into our new house, and adjusting to all of the new responsibilities given to me at my day job, I’ve been losing sight of what’s important to me in life. I’ve been doing a lot less of this:

Source: rankinwriting.wordpress.com

And this.

Source: theweboutside.com

I have not spent nearly enough time with family or friends, and have been terrible at calling/emailing/Facebooking any of them.

My niece and nephew.

My older sister and I. 

Z and our friends at his birthday party last year. 

Some of my best guy friends from college.

My college girlfriends and I ate the "Rachael Ray Show."

And even though I have been spending time with Z, my mind has been so crazed that I’m sure I haven’t been that much fun to be around.


The purpose of this post is to put things in perspective, especially before the weekend begins (as does a new chapter in my life). I’m moving in with Z this weekend, and while it’s a little scary (aren’t all new ventures?), it’s also extremely exciting and heartwarming. I am a lucky lady, and even though I’ve let life’s stresses bring out the worst in me lately, I know what matters most to me (and in life). And I plan to start focusing on those things moving forward.

Are there things/people in your life that you'd like to start focusing more on? If so, what/who are they and why?



4 comments:

  1. I think we've all been feeling a little bit of this lately. I've been MIA from my friends between packing and unpacking...and my blog is definitely taking a backseat these days. Just remember to breathe. The people who love you and the things you care about will all be there when you're reading to give them attention again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful post! reminders via writing and pictures always brings clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks ladies! I appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope things will settle down soon for you! Good luck moving this weekend!

    ReplyDelete