Thursday, September 30, 2010

Economical Amaretto Cocktail

I'm always looking for a good deal when it comes to food, wine and beer, but sometimes, I also try to make cocktails at home that are more economical. I rarely have liquor on hand, but my mother had given me some amaretto months ago, and I was in the mood for a sweeter, dessert-like cocktail the other night after dinner. Upon doing a Google search for cocktails with amaretto, I realized most of the recipes included other types of liquor and liqueurs, like vodka, Kahlua, and Bailey's. I wasn't in the mood to go out and buy several other bottles at $20+ a piece for one cocktail, so I improvised with what was already in my refrigerator.


This cocktail recipe - for what I have since named my Economical Amaretto Cocktail - ended up being so easy and delicious. I simply mixed up two shots of amaretto, then half milk and half iced coffee. I sprinkled some cocoa on the top for garnish and added flavor, but it really wasn't necessary.


My only warning: This cocktail goes down a little too easily. The alcohol packs a nice punch, while the sweet, smooth flavor of the cherry and almonds from the amaretto with the coffee is soothing and satisfying. So, be warned.

What's your favorite affordable cocktail to make at home?

1 comment:

  1. You're always amazing me with your creativity! I like to just drink wine or beer at home mostly.

    ReplyDelete