Monday, June 7, 2010

Best Deal This Week: Lobster Dinner for $12.99 at Orzo Trattoria

To me, it's not summer until you can enjoy eating a meal outside in the sunshine. My goal every season is to scour my local restaurant scene for dining establishments with outdoor patios and umbrellas to prevent the sun from frying my Irish skin. My love for outdoor dining probably stems from my childhood - when the sun was out, we were outside. My mother made sure we got plenty of fresh air, and when dinner time rolled around, my father would cook out on the grill and we'd all eat happily on the back porch. On rare summer evenings, my father would even bring home lobster and corn on the cob, which my siblings and I would shuck on the back porch steps, while my father led the lobsters to their demise at the boiling pot of water on the stove.

These lobster meals were rare because lobster is freakin' expensive. However, there's one local eatery that's making a lobster feast mega affordable: Meet Orzo Cafe/Trattoria, an Italian hidden gem in North Andover. As of last Thursday, Orzo is serving hungry diners lobster dinners for $12.99 every Thursday from 3 p.m. to close. The small price tag gets you a New England lobster, a cup of clam chowdah, fresh sweet corn, and coleslaw. Hello, summer.

Note: Orzo recommends you make a reservation, and make sure to also confirm that the daily catch has been delivered. 

What were some of your favorite summertime meals growing up?

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you - I love lobster cooked at home and grilling once the weather is warm! North Andover is super close to where my parents live. I'll have to stop by the next time I'm in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place seems reasonably priced for all their stuff, we should try it out sometime!!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete