Thursday, June 26, 2014

Nutella, Banana, and Peanut Butter Smoothie

I was a sick child. My favorite lunch to have before going to afternoon kindergarten (and while watching "The Elephant Show," of course) was potato chips dipped in peanut butter. Don't ask.

To this day, my love for peanut butter (and potato chips) hasn't waned...I just choose to eat them separately now. With that being said, though, I could pretty much eat peanut butter with anything else - although bananas and/or Nutella tend to be great peanut butter companions.

And now that summer's [finally!] here in Boston - which means, it's hot and humid here in Boston - I'm always looking for cool and satisfying snacks and meals to eat. And why not make a cool and satisfying snack that's filled with three of my favorite things?

Nutella, Banana, and Peanut Butter Smoothie | The Economical Eater

Nutella, Banana, and Peanut Butter Smoothie
Yields: 1 serving
-1 ripe banana, peeled
-1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
-1/2 tablespoon Nutella
-1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
-2-3 ice cubes

Directions:
1.) Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Seriously...that's it.


Nutella, Banana, and Peanut Butter Smoothie | The Economical Eater

Cold, creamy, sweet, and nutty, this smoothie was super tasty, and satiating to boot. The protein from the peanut butter helped pack some staying power, while the nutty and sweet flavors from the Nutella and vanilla almond milk made every sip extra delicious. And the banana? Besides providing some nutrients to the mix, it also made the texture wonderfully thick and creamy.

If you're looking to keep things vegan, swap out the Nutella for cocoa powder.

For the Nutella lovers, I suggest washing down this mostly healthy smoothie with something not quite as healthy - like my Nutella Cream Cheese Chocolate Chunk Brownies or Nutella and Banana Turnovers with Sea Salt.

Do you love peanut butter [and/or Nutella] as much as I do? 


6 comments:

  1. Peanut Butter is the best, especially when combined with chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my idea of the perfect smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nutella and banana together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds awesome… and easy! I love peanut butter and Nutella so so much!

    ReplyDelete