Monday, October 15, 2012

Jalapeno, Gin and Basil Martini

It's been one of those weeks. Actually...two weeks. It all started when I broke my phone. Then, my car wouldn't start (two very expensive "issues"). Now, I have a raging head cold.

On Friday afternoon, I decided it was time for a strong cocktail, and this is what I made (with a little inspiration from Sues at We Are Not Martha). The several shots of gin and the heat from the jalapenos helped to make these last few weeks seem a little bit better.


Jalapeno, Gin and Basil Martini
Yields: 1 cocktail
-6 basil leaves
-Juice of 1/2 lemon
-Juice of 1/2 lime
-2 oz. gin
-1 oz. jalapeno simple syrup
-Ice
-Tonic water

Directions:
1.) Add basil leaves, lemon juice and lime juice to a cocktail shaker; "muddle" with a wooden spoon. Add gin, jalapeno simple syrup and ice; shake well.
2.) Pour mixture into a martini glass. Fill the rest of the glass with tonic water. Garnish with 1-2 more basil leaves.

Even if I can't enjoy this cocktail today thanks to the DayQuil pumping through my body, you should. For me. And for you.


4 comments:

  1. I could use a strong drink like this...and it's only Tuesday...is that bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a strong drink! I bet bars in north london would only serve that on special request.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only eat Jalapeno when mixed with Mexican foods. I am curious on how will it taste like when used as a flavour for martini.

    ReplyDelete