Friday, March 2, 2012

Drink This: Left Hand Sawtooth Ale, Nitro


Z and I usually do our grocery shopping on Sundays...when everyone else in the world also does their grocery shopping. This past Sunday, we decided to make our grocery shopping experience a little more fun - and had a few beers and nachos at The Asgard in Central Square before trekking over to Trader Joe's.

The first brew I ordered was what I thought was Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. I only read the words "Left" "Hand" and "Nitro," so I was surprised when a copper-colored ale was placed in front of me. With a thick, creamy head, I was immediately intrigued - and upon first sip, pleasantly surprised.

Left Hand's Sawtooth Ale is a full-bodied, refreshing brew. As a nitro-tap, this ale - with solid flavors of toasted malt and caramel - takes on a creamy, smooth character that's perfect for sipping on a cold winter day. For those of you whole like the texture of a porter but not the typical coffee and chocolate flavors, this beer's for you.

What day of the week do you normally go grocery shopping? Or do you do several small shops throughout the week?

3 comments:

  1. I try to go grocery shopping on a weeknight but sometimes it gets impossible with work. I try to go on Saturday morning, which is only marginally better than Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great brew. i shop on peapod and there is no set day in my schedule. i like to mix things up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I haven't tried this one yet, but absolutely love their milk stout!

    I totally miss working from home because I could go grocery shopping in the middle of the day. Now, since I work late every day, I'm forced to go on the weekends. I actually like going on Saturday nights when it's a bit quieter... Of course, if I have plans I'm stuck going during a weekend day, which is always a bad idea!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete