Friday, March 30, 2012

Drink This: Blueberry-Pomegranate Fizz


Last week, it was surprisingly warm here in Boston. I wanted to do nothing more but sit outside on our back stairs in the sunshine...preferably drinking a cocktail. On Friday evening, when the weather was just starting to turn a little colder, I made myself said cocktail and enjoyed it outside - which helped tremendously in washing away a long week of work. 

Even though the weather's back to normal March temperatures, I highly suggest you give this drink a try, too (even if you do enjoy it inside with the heat on).

Blueberry-Pomegranate Fizz
Yields: 1 cocktail
Adapted from About.com 
-1 1/2 oz. gin
-3/4 oz. simple syrup
-1/2 oz. lemon juice
-8 frozen blueberries, defrosted
-Ice cubes
-Polar Pomegranate Seltzer

Directions:
1.) In a tall glass, muddle blueberries in the simple syrup and lemon juice.
2.) Add gin and ice; stir.
3.) Top with seltzer, stir slightly, and serve.


This was one dangerously delicious cocktail. Without being too sugary, it had the perfect blend of tangy and sweet. The carbonation from the seltzer also added a welcome, refreshing taste to the mix. This cocktail will definitely be something I make on a regular basis come spring and summer.

Have you tried any new cocktail recipes lately? Please share!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cocktails with bluberries. I last made Raspberry Beer Floats which I loved! http://www.confessionsofachocoholic.com/ice-cream/raspberry-beer-float

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely bookmarking this! I love these kind of fruity cocktails. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This drink is right up my alley - summer, here I come!

    ReplyDelete