Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lamb burgers & plum beer at Watch City Brewing Co.

I try to eat healthy most of the time, mainly because I like to enjoy good beer, guilt-free. With that being said, I was ecstatic when my fellow beer-lovin' boyfriend (who introduced me to beverages other than Bud Light in the first place) brought me to Watch City Brewing Co. on Moody Street in Waltham a few weeks ago. Any American-style pub with beer samplers is O.K in my book, and the menu portrays the place as an upscale burger joint and brewery. On this initial visit, I went for the lamb burger ($10.99), which exceeded all of my expectations, to say the least. Although it was a few bucks more than the regular burgers, I had to try it - and was glad I did. Coated in tangy feta spread and an array of herbs that would make the stuffiest of noses tingle with delight, this innovative meat patty was the perfect companion to my beer sampler. My favorite beer that night: the juicy, refreshing, not-too-fruity Lil’ Jack Horner‘s Plum Suckin’ Wit brew.


My first meal at Watch City was so successful that I brought two of my cousins there last night. Needless to say, they left just as impressed as I did on my initial visit. Last night, I opted for the Chipotle Turkey Club Wrap ($8.99), which was just a basic sandwich wrap, with well seasoned, extra crunchy fries on the side. The portion was enough for at least two people, so I even got lunch for today out of it! For beer, I ordered their seasonal pumpkin ale, which is by far one of the best pumpkin concoctions I've had to date. My cousin described the drink as "pumpkin pie in a glass." Enough said.

Where's your favorite place to go for good beer and pub grub?

No comments:

Post a Comment