Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Current Obsession: Gingerbread Construction Co.

It’s not because of their muffins (although, they are good).


It’s not even because of their gingerbread. 

Source:  www.facebook.com/gingerbreadusa

I’m currently obsessed with Gingerbread Construction Co. because of their iced coffee. 

Source:  www.facebook.com/gingerbreadusa 

While I normally make a batch of my own iced coffee at home, I do let myself splurge once or twice each week on iced coffee elsewhere. On the weekends, you can find me sipping an iced mocha from CafĂ© Rustica, or an iced coffee from Petsi Pies in Somerville – but during the week, I hit up the Gingerbread Construction Co. in Wakefield for my fix.

Here are the top 3 reasons why Gingerbread Construction Co.’s coffee rocks:

1.) Every single time I go they have a new, inventive coffee flavor, in addition to French vanilla and hazelnut (this week, for instance, one of their flavors was Caramel Nut Crunch – they also had Pistachio several weeks ago).

2.) Their coffee is smooth and perfectly strong (it does the job, but doesn’t give me the shakes).

3.) Whether it’s the case or not, their coffee tastes like the flavor is in the beans (vs. in a sugary syrup form).

I normally order a jumbo-sized, which comes to $2.36 after taxes – and is basically the size of a medium coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts (maybe a tad bit bigger).

The Gingerbread Construction Company has a second location in Winchester. If you ever find yourself in either of the W towns, I highly recommend stopping in to treat yourself!

What's your favorite local spot for iced (or hot) coffee?

Gingerbread Construction Co on Urbanspoon


2 comments:

  1. Gingerbread Construction Company is such a cute name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking for new, local coffee shops! I will definitely search for this place. :-)

    Have you ever tried Red Barn Coffee? They're one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete