Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Scenes From Wine Riot



Z's pretend "drinking wine" face.


 

Theresa (from Bordeaux) and I. Don't mind the classy red bra strap.....



My friends from Freixenet were also there!



On April 21st from 1-5 p.m., Z and I attended the 2012 Wine Riot at Park Plaza Castle. Put on by the Second Glass, the event was chocked full of wine samples (separated by region/country), munchies (from Upper Crust, Cabot,  TAZA, and Roxy's, to name a few), and wine education classes. 

On this particularly humid day, Z and I sampled an array of roses, chilled whites, and even some Chiantis from the Italian area. We also made sure to stop by the Bordeaux booth to say hello to Theresa - Bordeaux was kind enough to invite us to the event.

Z and I even attended a class called "Back That Class Up," where we sampled wines and guessed their prices - ranging from very cheap ($4) to very expensive (over $100). I, being the economical drinker I am, thought the $4 wine was the most expensive. (Yes, I am a cheap date). It was a really interesting class!

Overall, Wine Riot is one fun event. Although we felt guilty spending a few hours indoors during such a beautiful day, it was still a fantastic way to spend a summer-y Saturday afternoon.

What's your favorite way to spend a sunny Saturday afternoon?

Disclaimer: Z and I attended Wine Riot free of charge thanks to Bordeaux Wines. Despite their generosity, the opinions expressed in this post are honest and 100 percent my own.


2 comments:

  1. looks like a fun time! that class sounds pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so fun! This kind of event would probably be my ideal way to spend a Sunday!

    ReplyDelete