Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Polenta with Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onions and Blueberry Wine Sauce


In the summertime, there’s nothing I love more than a farmers’ market. Fresh cheeses, veggies, fruits. Homemade jams, sauces, marinades. Farmers’ markets are local, culinary meccas that make me proud to be supporting such passionate, hardworking people and their businesses.

Due to my support for local food, I also write for the website Local in Season. My latest article – for a recipe involving polenta, goat cheese, onions and blueberries – was just posted this weekend. Blueberries are at their finest this time of year, and this recipe really lets them shine.

What's your favorite farmers' market in the area and why?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't been to it yet but I've learned that there is a farmers market right down the street from our new place! I'm looking forward to exploring it as soon as we get settled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Charles Square farmers market because it is so near my apartment and for the variety of produce and meat I can get. I also like visiting other farmers market to expand my horizons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Union Square Farmers Market because it is huge, everyone is so nice, and it's just minutes away from where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the farmers' market suggestions, ladies!

    ReplyDelete