Monday, May 3, 2010

Best Deal This Week: 5 Days of Deals at Moonstones

I reviewed the tapas at Moonstones in Chelmsford last week, but I have to admit, most of their menu is rather pricey for my budget. However, I was happy to discover that this upscale eatery has cheap eats every night of the work week. Yes, every single night.

Moonstones does happy hour from 3 to 5 p.m. throughout the week. From $1 oysters to $4 margaritas, anyone with a stomach and a few bucks can find something to suit their fancy. Here's the weekly line-up:

Buck-a-shuck Monday: $1 oysters and $1 shrimp ($12 limit); washed down with $3 nihon marys (whatever those are).

Two-bill-Tuesday: Chicken springrolls, pork tacos, Cajun fries, and "janky" beer are all $2.

Wing-it-Wednesday: Pay $3 for either a 1/2 dozen house-special Cajun or buffalo-style wings and shine shots.

Thermal-Thursday: Beef chicarones, buffalo calamari, Korean wings, and margaritas are $4.

Hi-five-Friday: Truffle fries, pork arancini, fritters, and bucket-o-Coronitas are all $5.

Although the $1-5 price tags make me happy, the 3-5 p.m. time frame is pretty inconvenient for anyone that works 9-5. However, their creatively-named cocktails and "janky" beer have left me intrigued. I'm just not sure my boss will let me leave early to try them.

Side note: Stay tuned for tomorrow, when I'll be posting an update on how I saved for Italy in the month of April. We're planning/booking our trip over the next few weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment