Thursday, April 10, 2014

Random Thursday Things

Today's post is totally random. I have a few fun things to share with you guys, so it's all going in one super random post!

First up, for the local readers: On Sunday, April 13th, I'll be one of the judges at The Painted Burro's 2nd Annual Guac Off. The event begins at 3 p.m., and you can join in on the fun by eating all of the guac that's up for the grand prize: bragging rights, a $150 gift card to The Painted Burro, and the honor of being featured on The Painted Burro’s menu. I hope you can make it!

Second: Have you tried Stonyfield's new Frozen Yogurt Pearls yet? They dropped off a few samples at my house for me to try, and so far, I've had the Peach and Vanilla flavor.

Stonyfield Frozen Yogurt Pearls | The Economical Eater

Stonyfield Frozen Yogurt Pearls | The Economical Eater

The peach "skin" creates an edible protective layer around the vanilla center by harnessing molecular interactions between the skin's ingredients, which are organic fruit and natural ions. Sounds a little scientific, right? Thankfully, the ingredients are mostly legible, with a few unfortunate exceptions (i.e., sodium alginate and sodium citrate, to name a few). 

The skin is melt-free, which made this little treat that much more enjoyable on a [finally!] warmer day. The vanilla center was fantastic with the peach flavor, but I did find it hard for my sensitive teeth to bite into this frozen pearl. (My hands were also stinging a bit from holding the frozen pearl, but you don't necessarily have to eat these as cold as I did). I do see these being a quick, low-calorie treat on a hot day (two of peach/vanilla pearls = 50 calories) - I just wish the ingredients in the skin were all familiar/natural. 

And, finally, we have a winner for my Birds Eye frozen veggies giveaway! The winner was chosen using Random.org.

And the winner is...

Mike Gurney!

"Definitely would use the steamed veggies for a soup!"

Congrats, Mike! Please email me within 48 hours to claim your prize.

Anything random you feel like sharing today?

The Yogurt Pearls were complimentary. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment